Monday, February 17, 2020

THE REMORSEFUL DAY

Colin Dexter. THE REMORSEFUL DAY. Pan, 2000 (1999)



This if the first Morse book I have ever seen although I see the writer's name several times a week on the Morse, Lewis, and Endeavour re-runs on Knowledge Network. This is the last, the one where Morse dies. I am surprised at how exactly the television presentation matches the book. I remembered the plot but enjoyed the details of Morse's "thinking" and the plods investigating and checking alibis. I forgot the twist at the end. 

The use of language is guaranteed to make readers as annoyed as Morse made Lewis. Showing off, feeling superior, while maintaining a love of words, word origins, and puzzles until the end. 

No comments:

HOW DEEP IS THE LAKE

Shelley O'Callaghan. HOW DEEP IS THE LAKE: A Century at Chilliwack Lake. Caitlin, 2017. I have owned this copy for some time and decide...