Tuesday, September 10, 2024

MIDDLESEX

Jeffrey Eugenides. MIDDLESEX. Vintage, 2002.

This is a book club selection which I have given notice that I do not intend to read. I bought a copy several years ago thinking it was about a place in England. It is not. It is about the immigration experience in the USA, and later generations of a Greek family coping with gender-identity issues. Not that I object, but I do object to the "trends" manipulating my reading choices.

Will watch for one issue that annoys me--the idea that gender issues (diversity) are "caused" by abuse.

Will review from internet and participate in discussion.


No comments:

MIDDLESEX

Jeffrey Eugenides. MIDDLESEX . Vintage, 2002. This is a book club selection which I have given notice that I do not intend to read. I bought...