Saturday, January 7, 2017

I'm Your Man

Sylvie Simmons. I'm Your Man: The Life of Leonard Cohen. McClelland & Stewart, 2012.


There are not that many books which I find myself avoiding to finish, dragging my feet, putting it off, because I just do not want the story to end. I do not want to return to the everyday, to "Go back, go back to the world." I'm Your Man, the Sylvie Simmons biography of Leonard Cohen, is one of these. I didn't want it to end. At the same time, I have this feeling (the same one I had 40+ years ago after reading The Diviners) that there is absolutely nothing more to be said. Definitive. I will drown myself in the music.

No comments:

INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY

Joseph, Bob with Joseph, Cynthia F. INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY . Indigenous Rel...