Thursday, September 14, 2023

BLASPHEMY

Sherman Alexie. BLASPHEMY. Grove, 2012.

This man is an incredible writer. I hope he is still writing. I hope he is well. 

This and the previous collection WAR DANCES have taught me how to read short stories. I limit myself to one a day, giving each new plot and set of characters time to sink in and become part of me, my memory. I also found the story "This Is What It Means To Say Phoenix, Arizona" which became one of my favourite movies, SMOKE SIGNALS, starring Adam Beach and Evan Adams.

I am impressed that Alexie writes characters of all genders and leanings. And that he seems to reject a racist denigration of any or all people according to their race. 

This is one of the books I found serendipitously in Fort St. John, BC, in Bill's Books and Bongs, six or seven years ago. 




No comments:

INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY

Joseph, Bob with Joseph, Cynthia F. INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY . Indigenous Rel...