Tuesday, November 14, 2023

THIS IS THE FIRE

Don Lemon. THIS IS THE FIRE: What I Say to My Friends About Racism. Little, Brown, 2021.

Found this at the library booksale and bought it as research for my TRC workbook. I did enjoy reading this. My notation bookmarks make it look like a post-it porcupine. I found the personal material most interesting. He is from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. 

I do not get CNN so am not that familiar with the writer. I suspect he no longer works for that network, although the book is current, Trump-era and COVID lockdown. 

It seems difficult to imagine a journalist being objective where this subject, racism, and inequality in America, is involved. 

At this time, my takeaway is: ANGER & ACTIVISM.

Later.



No comments:

INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY

Joseph, Bob with Joseph, Cynthia F. INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY . Indigenous Rel...