Monday, April 4, 2016

The Brutal Heart

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Gail Bowen's The Brutal Heart



I found this Gail Bowen at my favourite bookstore, Baker's Books, in Hope, BC. I read every Bowen title I find. For the Regina setting, the Joanne Kilbourn Shreve recurring sleuth character, the insider info about television and legal career work. Sometimes I find the happy-family details a bit too cloying, but that's just me. This The Brutal Heart edition has an appealing cover image, black and white, shadows, stiletto heals suggesting prostitution to me, overlaid with yellow forsythia blossoms. Spring, and a clue. Clues.


I have noticed in the last week of so that "the word of the month" for me seems to be BRUTAL. It has appeared in the most unexpected places. Maybe I notice it because emotionally, in the erratic winter/spring/summer/winter days we get at this time of year, it fits the way I feel. Something about the heart too. Not very springy. Correspondences. 

No comments:

INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY

Joseph, Bob with Joseph, Cynthia F. INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY . Indigenous Rel...