Tuesday, December 24, 2019

A GREENING of IMAGINATIONS

Herbert O'Driscoll. A GREENING of IMAGINATIONS: WALKING the SONGLINES of HOLY SCRIPTURE. 2019.

Found this in Munro's Book Store after visiting Christ Church Cathedral in Victoria, BC. I have previously enjoyed this Victoria writer's earlier publication about his growing up in Ireland. I may even have written him a fan letter. I must re-read that; I think it is shelved in my sacred texts bookshelf. 

This one is also very interesting. A re-telling of New Testament stories as if from the eyes, the voices of witnesses. A few imagined letters. Seems to be inspired, in-spirited, by actually living there and walking the roads. 

I would suggest that the title is too heavy for the book which simply asks readers to feel, to imagine how it felt to be there, to have been a witness. And to recognize that the same presence is felt, the same feelings experienced today. 

I do love the cover.

No comments:

INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY

Joseph, Bob with Joseph, Cynthia F. INDIGENOUS RELATIONS: INSIGHTS, TIPS & SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE RECONCILIATION A REALITY . Indigenous Rel...